1. Render Engine: Blender Game
- Info menu >> Render Engine box >> Blender Game
- There are menus that are only available when the Blender Game render engine is selected.
2. Viewport Shading: Texture
- 3D View menu >> Viewport Shading box >> Texture
- Texture Viewport Shading renders the game objects with the textures you add.
3. Material Shading: GLSL
- Properties menu >> Render button >> Shading tab >> GLSL button
- Also works with Material Shading: Multitexture
4. Enable GLSL settings
- Enable Shaders
- Enable Shadows
- Enable Lights
- Enable Color Management
- Enable Ramps
- Enable Nodes
- Enable Extra Textures
- GLSL settings appear only when the Render Engine: Blender Game is selected.
5. Add a new scene
- Info menu >> Scene box >> + (plus) button >> New
- The new scene will be used as an Overlay Scene
- The health bar will be located in the Overlay Scene