27. Add a Python Controller
- Logic Editor >> Controllers >> Add Controller >> Python
- Execution Method: Script
- Mirror.py is a python script
- You need a Python Controller to run a python script
28. Select Mirror.py
- Logic Editor >> Controllers >> Python Controller
- Script >> Script List >> Mirror.py
- Earlier, we opened Mirror.py in the Text Editor
- That added Mirror.py to the game engine's python script list
29. Add a game property to the mirror
- Logic Editor menu >> View >> Properties
- Properties tab >> Add Game Property button
- We are adding a game properties that will be used as a variable by the python script.
- This way we can use one (and only one) python script for ALL of the mirrors in the game.
30. Game Property
- Logic Editor >> Properties tab >> Property Name: material
- Logic Editor >> Properties tab >> Property Type: String
- Logic Editor >> Properites tab >> Property Value: Reflect
- Property Name must be named material.
- The code in Mirror.py looks for a string property named material.
- Reflect is what we named the material.
31. Connect Logic Bricks
- Always Sensor >> Python Controller
- To connect logic bricks, pull 'wire' from one logic brick output to another logic brick input