31. Select the python script named RenderToTexture.py
- Logic Editor >> Controllers >> Python Controller
- Script >> Script List >> RenderToTexture.py
- Earlier, we opened RenderToTexture.py in the Text Editor
- That added RenderToTexture.py to the game engine's python script list
32. Add a game property to Monitor
- Logic Editor menu >> View >> Properties
- Properties tab >> Add Game Property button
- We are adding the material name as a python variable (a game property).
- This way we can use one (and only one) python script for ALL of the Render To Texture objects in the game.
33. Property Name: material -- Property Type: String
- Logic Editor >> Properties tab >> Property Name: material
- Logic Editor >> Properties tab >> Property Type: String
- The string Game Property must be named material.
- The code in RenderToTexture.py looks for a string Game Property named material.