19. Join Duplicates together
- Duplicates and original road shape selected
- 3D View menu >> Object >> Join
- When you made the duplicates real, it made each duplicate a separate object
- We want join the duplicates together and make the track one object
20. Remove doubles
- Select joined duplicates
- 3D View menu >> Mode box >> Edit Mode
- 3D View menu >> Select >> Select/Deselect All
- 3D View menu >> Mesh >> Vertices >> Remove Doubles
- When we joined the original road shape and Duplicates, it might have created vertices as doubles.
21. Clear Parent from road shape. Keep Transformation.
Select road shape (Plane)
3D View menu >> Mode box >> Object Mode
3D View menu >> Object >> Parent >> Clear and Keep Transformation
- The road shape (Plane) is still parented to the road path (Bezier Curve)